Electronic Artwork Requirements
We require clean, black on white art with sharp clean lines sized to fit the selected product. Laser printers capable of printing 1200 dpi and above would be acceptable. Photocopies, fax copies, business cards and yellow page/newspaper ads are not considered to be camera-ready. If you have letterhead or sales brochures, ad slicks and the like would all be acceptable hard copy art.
When possible we prefer electronic art. We are a Mac-based pre-press facility with capabilities of also working with PC-based files. You will be informed of any issues with files that we are required to convert.
- Adobe Illustrator® (Vers. CS6 and older)
- Adobe Photoshop® (Vers. CS6 and older)
ACCEPTED FILE FORMATS
- Adobe InDesign®
- Freehand® MX – saved as EPS
- CorelDRAW® – exported as EPS with fonts converted to curves and embedded images included.
- Press Quality PDF – PDFx compliant PDFs are acceptable. PDFs must be created at the correct size. We cannot alter your PDF.
- Photos – saved as TIFF format, CMYK, scanned at 300ppi at actual size. We prefer photos supplied in CMYK color. We can accept RGB images, but please note they will be changed to our CMYK color profile to make press ready.
- Line Art – should be created in a vector art program such as Adobe Illustrator. However, if this is not possible, submit bitmaps scanned to print size at a minimum of 800ppi.
- Any variations outside the specified file formats will incur additional charges.
- Please use the Pantone® color matching system and include the number on your order.
- A HARD COPY OF ART MUST BE SENT OR FAXED WITH ORDER so that we may compare the hard copy with the electronic file we load on our computers.
- Screens may not work for all products. If your design has a screen or a halftone picture please contact your sales representative for assistance.
- When sending by e-mail please use ZIP-It on large files.
ACCEPTABLE FILE MEDIA
- FTP: https://dropbox.hightail.com/CalendarsNow (file is sent securely to email@example.com who will direct it to the appropriate department handling your calendar order)
Click HERE to see a chart showing most of the PMS (Pantone Matching System) colors available for printing as spot colors.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are designing a custom calendar product please download or request a complete copy of our product design guidelines. These specifications will include such topics as trapping, bleed, line screen, and other topics you will need to consider.
If you have any additional questions please call toll-free (866) 877-4879